Add Entertaining Content
Some of the most popular surgeons got that way because they are authentic and real with their patients.
They show more sides of themselves than just their surgeon side. They show they are a family man, an artist, a dog lover, an exercise enthusiast, a great cook, and so on.
Just do what feels most comfortable to you. Your current and new patients will love getting to know you better. When they feel more comfortable with you, they are way more apt to go the next step and that is to meet you in person.
The content can be still photos, short videos made with your iPhone, longer videos made with your iPad, and video conferencing at your PC while you’re showing your screen of before/after photos.
Repurpose the Content
Here is the beauty of creating this content. One piece of content can be repurposed into so many other bits of content on different social platforms.
That’s the secret to scaling content. Do it once and then spread it all over the Internet to reach a broad range of new prospective patients who go to these various platforms to get their information.
So, let’s say you made a video of a mock consultation with your family member so here is what you do:
- Send to your current patient list first since they are most likely to respond
- You upload the video to YouTube, Vimeo, IGTV (Instagram), and Facebook watch
- You have it transcribed and turn it into articles, blog posts, press releases, and RealSelf Q&A
- You upload screenshots to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat with a link to watch the video
- You pull the audio MP3 from the video and start a podcast and upload to many podcast platforms
And, here’s another growth hack…. whichever content gets the most likes, shares, and comments, turn it into an ad for that platform so it reaches many more consumers than just the little organic reach you get.
Be sure to also add it to your website so when they click on it or anywhere else on your website, you can retarget them to see your ad.
Obviously, this takes tech-savvy know-how but there are plenty of people who can help you (maybe even your own kids who hang out on these platforms all day)