Do Something Different with Your Plastic Surgery Advertising
A “Patient-Centric” Ad That Gets a Better Response
Think outside the box. In advertising, you need to rise above the clutter. Try something different:
– Produce your own DVD. Have a professionally-produced DVD made of you, your staff and your office. Offer a Free DVD in your advertising to identify people interested in cosmetic surgery.
– Provide a toll-free number with a recording explaining some of your highlights and inviting them to leave their name and address so that you can send them a free DVD. That gives you enough information to follow up with them later.
– Patients want information so offer them a special report on the details of a procedure. Perhaps the emotional roller coaster of a face lift before, during and after surgery. Have one of your patients keep a diary and take photos every day to chart their recovery. Prepare a report you can mail to the prospective patient and then follow up with them later.
– Design your ad to look like a newspaper editorial. This format allows you room to explain a procedure in detail and can pass for a feature story, a health column or human interest story that involves a patient and their before and after photos.
– Use a local celebrity or personality to tell their own story about how your services have improved their lives.
– Advertise your participation in a local fundraiser to show your interest in helping your community in a selfless way.
– Invite your readers to participate in a study or an educational event.
The point of the special offer is to get the readers to raise their hands to say they are interested. The offer is the single element in your plastic surgery advertising that gets your reader to stop, notice and act now rather than wait until tomorrow – or never. You need them to respond to you now. Here are some ideas:
– Make your offer irresistible. Offer a free gift when, for example, they schedule a signature facial from your Aesthetician
– Announce if they register for your online newsletter, they receive a $20 Off coupon for retail products you carry
– Offer a complimentary computer imaging or skin analysis session so the prospective patient can see herself, her concerns and the possibilities for improvement
– Offer a simple report that explains the various wrinkle fillers available so the reader can make an informed decision
It’s imperative to include an expiration date to an offer. You want to instill a sense of urgency so they act right now rather than wait. Although they have good intentions, life gets in the way and you don’t want this opportunity to slip by.
Lastly, be sure to offer multiple ways for them to contact you – by mail, email, telephone, text, or direct messaging from social media. While they may not be ready to schedule the consultation with you just yet, they would like a less intimidating way to learn more so give it to them in the way they are most comfortable with.
And remember, the patient that responds to your plastic surgery advertising is golden. Nurture that new relationship with ongoing communications so the patient bonds with you. Your dialogue with them should help build a bond so when they are ready; they call you – and only you!
So now that you know how to design a killer plastic surgery ad that gets a response, review your current advertising efforts and make the needed changes to get great results.