Imagine for a minute you owned a perfect medical practice. What would it look like?
If you’re like most surgeons I meet, you’re perfect business model would be:
• Completely run by your team
• Organized and systematized
• A great place to work – attracting top talent
• Built on satisfying loyal patients and turning them into raving fans
• Rake in at least double the average industry profit
• Growing in size and consistently growing your personal wealth
• Give you complete freedom and flexibility
• Be fun to own without the headaches that often come with being the business owner
Well, if your list is similar, then today’s your lucky day. Why? Because in this post I’m going to walk you through the steps that will transform your current practice into the perfect practice you just imagined.
Because if you’re like most surgeons, your current reality isn’t at all like you dreamed it would be.
Here’s what I mean: The average surgeon is overworked… stressed out…. underpaid… has little life outside their practice… feels out of control… and worries about their practice 24/7.
When I talk to most surgeons, they tell me they’re not happy with their practice, staff, patients, or the money they are making. But they stay in business, doing what they know how to do… because they don’t know how to fix their problems. They don’t know how to make their practices work for them as opposed to them working for their practices.
Have you ever said to yourself:
• I’m tired of having to do everything myself….
• I need to figure out a way to make more money…
• I wish I could find a way to work less and make more….
• My practice is consuming my life – I have almost no free time…
• I can’t seem to find the right type of people to help me grow my practice…
• I wish I could spend less time putting out fires and more time growing my business…
If any of these sound familiar, I’ve got good news for you.
These issues are all symptoms of a practice lacking in systems. So the practice ends up dependent on the surgeon for everything.
And the good news is – once you begin to install systems inside your practice all the symptoms above will disappear.
Because with formalized systems you’ll be able to show anyone you bring on in your practice exactly what’s expected. You’ll be able to trust them to do their jobs properly. You will be free from constant, full-time supervision, micromanaging, and continuously having to give directions Which frees up your time to grow your practice. And ultimately get free of it!
The net result – (with systems) you’ll make more money and have more fun with less stress. Your practice will be efficient, fast, productive, problem-free, and immensely profitable.
Everyone who comes into contact with you and your practice will notice your quick execution of detail, your consistent reliability, and the congruency between what you say and what you do.
And that’s how Dr. Williams went from working 6 days a week, up to 70+ hours to working only 4 days a week, takes 6-8 weeks of vacation every year and enjoys dinner with his family almost every night.
In my online interview with Dr. Edwin Williams, I will show you EXACTLY how YOU can implement these 4 Successful Practice Principles in YOUR OWN practice, so that you can transform your practice into the practice you deserve and desire.
Discover how to create a practice you can sell at my upcoming Webinar where I interview Dr. Williams to get more details.
What would you like to ask Dr. Williams about your own succession plan?
Leave a comment/question below and I’ll get an answer for you.
She is a business/marketing consultant to plastic surgeons. She speaks at medical conferences all over the world on cash practice building and trains staff to be converting rock stars. | View Author Profile | Get a Free Copy of her popular book, Your Aesthetic Practice: What Your Patients Are Saying