This Week’s Q&A Topic: Profitable Cosmetic Patient Events
My staff and I are considering doing a cosmetic patient event to get and keep things busy for the rest of the year. However, it seems like a lot of time, money and effort goes into it and I’m not sure it’s worth it.
I’m also wondering if patients actually show up. It would look really bad if we put in all this money and effort into this and nobody showed up.
In your opinion, are cosmetic patient events profitable?
When done strategically, the benefits are numerous:
- It’s a revenue-generating evening that can be worth up to $45,000 in a few hours or more (depending on which services you’re focusing on);
- You get impressionable and lasting “Face/bonding time” with your current patients which builds loyalty and you’ll also get time with new, prospective patients that builds trust so they turn to you when they’re ready for aesthetic rejuvenation;
- Increases your name recognition and practice exposure within your community and that helps you build strategic alliances in your community who can refer their patients and customers to you;
- Creates memories to help the aesthetic patient remember you when they’re ready for cosmetic enhancement….even years later; and
- Increases your revenues-per-patient and their value to you over time.
Now that you know WHY, let’s talk about HOW you coordinate a successful and profitable cosmetic patient event. Here are the three important areas to focus on to ensure a successful and profitable patient event:
Promote Your Cosmetic Patient Event
You even want to invite those patients who came in for a consultation but never booked and even long-last patients interested in reconnecting with you. What a great reason for them to re-engage with you.
And, of course, use all of your social media channels to promote your patient event to prospective patients who follow you on FaceBook and twitter and are ready to meet you in person.
Involve Your Vendors
Profitable Cosmetic Patient events work best when you have support. Vendors can be extremely helpful to you. They want to help you promote their products and services so let them. They can help you with food, printing costs, product and/or samples and gift baskets so work with them. They do the “selling” that evening so you and your staff can relax and schmooze.
When the caller RSVPs initially, ask for their name, email, cell and be sure they know they can bring all their friends (the more, the merrier). Tell them you’ll be calling and texting them to remind them 24-48 hours ahead of time. Send email reminders a few days and the morning of the event and include photos of your office prepping for the event to build excitement.
Tip: Remind them their friends are welcomed.
Need more to turn your patient event into a big money-maker?
Join me for my next online presentation:
Profitable Patient Events
Wednesday, October 10th
8:30pm EAST / 5:30pm WEST
*Can’t attend this date/time, the presentation will be available until Saturday, October 13th, but you MUST REGISTER to gain access.
In this online training, you’re going to discover:
- How you turn your event into a money-making machine that gives you a return on your investment for years to come;
- Who should be at your event to build up your word-of-mouth referral sources;
- What you and your staff should focus on during the event to make all your hard work pay off big time!
“See” you there –
Are your current cosmetic patient events profitable?
What has worked well at your events?
She is a business/marketing consultant to plastic surgeons. She speaks at medical conferences all over the world on cash practice building and trains staff to be converting rock stars.